If you want to make a positive difference in people’s lives, and if you believe that everyone deserves to be treated with compassion, respect, and dignity, Jewish Family Services may be a good fit for you. Come prepared to deliver the highest quality services and to build a career with opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Jewish Family Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce to reflect and provide culturally responsive services to a diverse community.
Housing Resource Specialist
Jewish Family Services helps individuals and families achieve economic self-sufficiency and emotional stability. Supporting the Central Ohio Community since 1908, Jewish Family Services helps people find good jobs and companies find the right talent; supports seniors and caregivers in navigating the challenges of aging; connects people to community resources; empowers family self-sufficiency through financial counseling; and provides opportunities for volunteers to give back.
We welcome individuals of all faiths, races, ages, economic circumstances, sexual orientation and gender identities. Our dedicated and talented staff reflects the diverse communities we serve.
HOUSING RESOURCE SPECIALIST
The Housing Resource Specialist will assist individuals presenting with housing stability concerns. This role will work directly with agency clients to process applications for emergency rent and utility assistance (ERA). This position is responsible for maintaining records for funding reports and representing the agency in the community. The individual in this position will become a vital member of a diverse team by ensuring individuals and families have the resources to maintain their housing. This position is full-time (37.5 hours per week).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain regular contact with clients who are requesting assistance with housing stability
- Conduct intake interviews and meetings with clients in person (scheduled or walk-ins). Contact may be in person and/or electronic for the initial communication
- Manage communication, and in some cases mediation, with clients and landlords
- Complete rental and utility assistance applications in data system, e.g. Allita360 and ensure all documentation follows ERA guidelines with submission in a timely manner
- Problem solve with clients regarding additional needs and refer to community resources and/or Jewish Family Services programming
- Provide quality customer service and treat all clients with dignity and respect
- Communicate with coworkers, service providers, and landlords regarding application requirements, status, and referrals for additional resources
- Attend all meetings and trainings hosted by the Stable Housing Network to stay up to date on program guidelines and changes across all community partners
- Follow HIPAA regulations to ensure client confidentiality
- Degree in the human services or related experience
- Experience conducting social service intakes or assessments
- Familiarity with Central Ohio community resources and social service providers
- Knowledge of issues related to housing insecurity, homelessness, and homelessness prevention
- Commitment to supporting diverse and vulnerable populations, including individuals and families experiencing poverty
- Ability to navigate multiple databases, including a complex online application system, and maintain electronic documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected], Attn: Lydia Daniels, Manager of Family Stabilization Services.
Get in Touch
1070 College Avenue
Columbus, OH 43209
Call Us: (614) 231-1890
Connect With Services
By phoneat 614-237-9675
or via app or web browser: