Are you concerned about an aging loved one? Use the following checklist to help you understand the types of concerns you are having.
- Have you noticed less interest in activities they once enjoyed?
- Have they experienced a recent death (spouse, friend, pet)?
- Are they anxious perhaps over issues related to their finances or health?
- Is their home not as clean and safe as in the past?
- Is there clutter that has begun to accumulate?
- Is there little or spoiled food in the refrigerator?
- Does the car have unexplained dents or scratches?
- Is there unopened mail?
- Are there automatic payments coming out of their checking account and you do not recognize the source?
- Does there appear to be frequent package deliveries?
- Are they forgetting recent information or small details?
- Is their clothing inappropriate to the season?
- Have they gotten lost in a familiar place?
- Do you suspect vision or hearing problems have worsened?
- Are there a large number of different and/or expired medications from different doctors?
- Has there been significant weight loss or gain recently?
- Do they appear not to be brushing their hair or shaving as often as in the past?
- Are they avoiding driving to new destinations or at night?
- Have there been any recent falls?
- Are they talking and having visits with friends less regularly?
- Have they dropped out of a card group or other regular social gatherings?
- Has their television viewing increased or decreased?
- Has their interest in spiritual or religious matters suddenly declined or increased?
- Do they talk about end-of-life issues?
- Do they no longer volunteer when they once did?
- Has their interest in their hobbies or favorite pursuits declined?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, contact us or call today, 614-231-1890 for a free phone consultation with a Geriatric Social Worker at Jewish Family Services.