We wandered the desert for 40 years…
So why should you come to us for direction?
Jewish Family Services is an organization rooted in a rich history of Jewish values and more than 3800 years of experience. We help people in the two most important aspects of their lives: family and work. Through a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, we help people and families become stronger. We guide. We counsel. We mentor. We teach. We strengthen relationships. We prepare people for jobs. We help them to be self-sufficient, both emotionally and financially. In short, we change people’s lives — one life at a time. That’s why.
Who We Are
Founded in 1908, Jewish Family Services is a community based organization whose mission is to strengthen individuals, families and the community. We are an organization rooted in a rich history of Jewish values. We help individuals of all races, ethnicities, and religions in the two most important aspects of their lives: family and work. Through a unique combination of mental health and workforce development services, we help people and families become stronger.
How We Help
At Jewish Family Services, we use a person-centered approach to tailor our services to meet the complex needs of the individuals and families who come through our doors. Our goal has always been to provide the necessary support and skills to empower a person and families to create a vibrant, connected and sustainable community.
- We help people achieve financial stability through employment
- We assist young professionals in starting careers
- We meet employers’ hiring needs from entry level to professional
- We help Survivors of Nazi Persecution live in dignity
- We support caregivers with information and tools to better guide their loved ones
- We help older adults maintain their independence
- We lead families out of violence and into safety
- We educate teens, parents, and mentors about healthy relationships, with an emphasis on Teen Dating Violence
- We organize volunteers to give back and build a stronger community
How We Are Different
Ours is not the usual corporate mission. Ours is a belief system, a sense of urgency, a moral imperative, all grounded in a rich ethnic and religious heritage.
Our approach is person-centered, not process oriented. We surround each person with the services they need.
What We Believe
We believe that we should treat ourselves and each other with dignity and respect.
We believe that all people, no matter how different, are connected.
We believe that people should feel safe in their homes and community.
We believe that we have a communal responsibility to stand up for each other, especially for those among us who are vulnerable.
We believe that we should speak honestly, straightforwardly and respectfully.
We believe in being fully engaged and “all in.”