Live life to its fullest.
Providing practical solutions that provide peace of mind. Offering assistance with the emotional, social, health and personal issues of aging and caregiving.
Caregiving from a distance.
Faced with a parent who needs your help, you’re suddenly thrust into the role of a caregiver. You’re likely to discover that you need help, too. Just as it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to care for an aging parent.
Tips for Family Caregivers
- Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
- Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
- Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
- Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay in getting professional help when you need it.
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
- Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find.
- Make sure legal documents are in order.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!